In this course on Motivational Interviewing (MI) Part 2, the facilitator will begin by providing a brief review of Motivational Interviewing Part 1 and the purpose behind its design and implementation. This presentation builds on MI Part 1 by shifting from changing unwanted behaviors to changing unproductive behaviors.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the Core Concept of Motivational Interviewing
- Demonstrate with proficiency and confidence the “OARS” skills.
- Identify the Core Concepts of “change talk”, “sustain talk”, and “rolling with resistance” and implement corrective strategies.
- Apply Motivational Measurement Tools and Change Talk tools.
- Develop the “Elicit-Provide-Elicit” Skill.
This course qualifies for 1.5 CE hours of General Skill Building and Evidence-Based Practices training.