Self-care is a critical component of professional practice, because avoiding burnout benefits both the clinician as well as their clients. In this training, we will explore the challenges that mental health workers face in their field that make self-care difficult. We will examine how professionals can recognize symptoms of burnout, and then engage in preventative and restorative measures to avoid becoming impaired. This course will include journaling and small group discussions, as you design a roadmap to becoming the best version of your professional self.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify the signs of burnout
- Describe at least five causes of burnout
- Identify at least five barriers to self-care
- Describe at least five strategies for preventing burnout
- Design a personal strategy for incorporating self-care into their lives
This course qualifies for 2 CE hours of Ethics, General Skill Building, and Evidence-Based training.