Introduction to Expressive Arts Therapies
DATE: Saturday, January 20th, 2024
TIME: 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST // 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. CT // 6:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. PT // 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. MT
PLATFORM: Via Zoom Webinar
- Live & Interactive Webinar
- Presentation Slides PDF & Additional Resources Included
- Provides for 7 CE hours of General Skill-Building/Clinical/Evidence-Based Treatment
Journaling. Poetry. Movement. Art making. Storytelling. Creating music. Sculpting. Doodling. Photography. Role play.
This is just a sampling of the many creative ways therapists can use artistic self-expression for healing and personal growth. During this in-depth, full-day training, we will discuss the varied nature of expressive arts therapies in depth, examining a large number of creative modalities. You’ll gain an understanding of the richness the expressive arts can provide for your clients, and my goal is for you to be inspired to explore these modalities even further on your own.
Most importantly, because we will have a full day, you’ll learn a wide variety of ways that you can use expressive arts activities with your clients. This will be an interactive, experiential training, so please be sure to have your favorite journal or notebook on hand!
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify the components of what makes something “expressive arts therapy”
- Discuss how therapists use various examples of expressive arts therapies in their practices
- Discuss the ways in which utilizing expressive arts can lead to healing and personal growth
- Understand the ethics and clinical limitations of using different expressive arts activities within their scope of practice
- Demonstrate at least 10 different types of expressive arts activities that can be used with clients