Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: An introduction to principles and interventions
DATE: Saturday, February 24th, 2024
TIME: 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST // 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. CT // 6:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. PT // 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. MT
PLATFORM: Via Zoom Webinar
- Live & Interactive Webinar
- Presentation Slides PDF & Additional Resources Included
- Provides for 7 CE hours of General Skill-Building/Clinical/Evidence-Based Treatment
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) combines mindfulness with strategies for living a values-driven life. The goal of ACT is to help clients create a healthy relationship with their thoughts and feelings in service to a life that feels meaningful and fulfilling.
In this full-day, interactive, and experiential workshop, you’ll learn the philosophy behind ACT as well as the processes that make it work. For the first half of the day, we’ll focus on mindfulness skills. During the second half, we’ll explore the connection between personal values and the achievement of a life worth living.
Most importantly, during the training, you’ll be practicing a wide variety of practical strategies and skills that you can immediately begin integrating into your work with clients. This will be a hands-on training, so please be sure to have your favorite journal or notebook on hand!
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Define the principal components of ACT
- Understand the relationship between mindfulness and emotional regulation
- Discuss how to best assist clients in eliciting their core values
- Identify applications of ACT for various client populations
- Implement at least ten ACT-based interventions with clients