Working with Gender Diverse and Gender-Questioning Children and Adolescents
DATE: Saturday, October 21st, 2023
TIME: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EST // 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. CST // 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. PT
PLATFORM: Via Zoom Webinar
- Live & Interactive Webinar
- Presentation Slides PDF Included
- Provides for GSB training
In this workshop, you will learn the competencies that will allow you to support and serve children and adolescents who are gender-questioning, as well as those who identify as transgender and non-binary. We will explore the ethics surrounding the treatment of gender dysphoria in young people, as well as the psychological issues faced by children and adolescents who are questioning their gender. We will discuss the challenges faced by young gender-diverse clients as well as their parents. You will also learn how to write referral letters for youth who are seeking medical intervention to address their gender dysphoria.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Define the various identities that exist under the umbrella of “gender diversity,” including transgender, non-binary, and gender questioning
- Assess for gender dysphoria in children and adolescents
- Learn how to provide a referral letter for medical interventions related to gender dysphoria
- Implement strategies that best serve young clients who are questioning their gender as well as those who identify as transgender or non-binary.