Using Dialectical Behavior Therapy with Teens & Adolescents: Built In Family Interventions.
DATE: Saturday, September 30, 2023
TIME: 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST // 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. CST // 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. PT
PLATFORM: Via Zoom Webinar
- Live & Interactive Webinar
- Presentation Slides PDF Included
- Provides for GSB (EBT) training
Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) is an evidence-based form of cognitive-behavioral therapy for teenagers and adults who experience significant trouble managing their emotions, thoughts, and behaviors. DBT for family work also addresses the adolescent/parent struggles which can include addressing the shifting power dynamics as an adolescent matures, determining what is “normal” behavior for the adolescent, and assessing needs for adolescent independence. In this training, we explore the core concepts and benefits of DBT in working with teens and families and explore interventions and strategies for both group and individual sessions.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Define Core Concepts of DBT
- Summarize the benefits of utilizing the DBT approach with Teens
- Implement DBT’s built-in interventions for Family-Based Therapy
- Exhibit specific strategies for DBT teen groups & individual sessions