To Tell or Not Tell: Ethical Considerations of Self-Disclosure
DATE: Saturday, December 9th, 2023
TIME: 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST // 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. CST // 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. PT // 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. MT
PLATFORM: Via Zoom Webinar
- Live & Interactive Webinar
- Presentation Slides PDF Included
- Provides for GSB/Ethics training
Have you ever wondered “Should I tell my client this about myself?”, or been asked a personal question by a client? Many clinicians have, and this may be a difficult decision to make considering the professional relationship and ethical guidelines. This workshop will present learners with the key aspects of self-disclosure, including potential benefits and risks. Ethical considerations will be explored, and learners will obtain valuable perspective and recommendations for ethically handling self-disclosure in clinical settings.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Comprehend and describe key aspects of therapeutic self-disclosure, including potential benefits and risks.
- Examine and articulate key ethical considerations of self-disclosure, including advantages and disadvantages.
- Apply best practices for ethical and therapeutic self-disclosure by considering a variety of clinician and client factors.