The Team Divorce: Helping Parents Separate Together
DATE: Saturday, October 28, 2023
TIME: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. ET // 8:30 a.m. CT // 7:30 a.m. MT // 6:30 a.m. PT
PLATFORM: Via Zoom Webinar
- Live & Interactive Webinar
- Presentation Slides PDF Included
- Provides for GSB/EBT Training
About 50% of children will go through their parents’ divorce; almost half of them will witness a second. Divorce is blamed for a range of scary statistics regarding children’s emotional, psychological, physical, and academic functioning, including significantly higher rates of suicide, substance abuse, early pregnancy, and high school drop-out. However, it is not divorce itself but high-conflict divorce rife with loyalty binds that leads to these unfavorable outcomes for children. If you see people in your practice, you will see divorce. Knowing how to help parents carry out a “team divorce” for the sake of the child is a much-needed skill set regardless of the population you serve. This 3-hour webinar offers a step-by-step process for guiding parents through a healthy separation. You will leave with the knowledge and skillset you need to grow your business with this fulfilling counseling niche while helping parents set their children up for adulthood unfettered by divorce trauma.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Guide two grieving parents onto a divorce team.
- Educate parents on children in divorce and how to transition their family into two homes in a healthy way.
- Guide parents in developing a custody plan and a separation plan.
- Coach parents in how to tell their children they are divorcing and how to handle future conversations in a healthy, age-appropriate way.
- Provide parents with basic co-parenting tenets and tools.