Somatic Effects of Anxiety in the BIPOC Community
DATE: Saturday, October 21st, 2023
TIME: 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST // 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. CST // 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. PT // 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. MT
PLATFORM: Via Zoom Webinar
- Live & Interactive Webinar
- Presentation Slides PDF Included
- Provides for GSB, Cultural Competence, Clinical, and EBT training
Individuals identifying as Black, Indigenous, or a person of color (BIPOC) can face increased levels of stress across the lifespan due to institutional and systemic racism, biases, and microaggressions. This can raise blood pressure, increase hypervigilance, and overall impact one’s mental health. In this webinar, training will focus on somatic symptoms, presentations, and warning signs of anxiety within the BIPOC community. Participants will learn about culturally appropriate and attainable self-care and meditation techniques to apply when working with their BIPOC clients.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Explain the core concepts of minority experiences with anxiety.
- Identify at least 3 somatic symptoms seen within the BIPOC community.
- Describe 3 culturally appropriate self-care strategies.
- Describe reliable resources for patient support and information.