Patterns in Abusive Relationships: Codependence and Dependent Personality Disorder
DATE: Saturday, July 8th, 2023
TIME: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EST // 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. CST
PLATFORM: Via Zoom Webinar
- Live & Interactive Webinar
- Presentation Slides PDF Included
- 3 CE hours of General Skill Building (GSB) & Evidence-Based Treatment (EBT)
Relationships impact our lives in every aspect. Part of having healthy relationships is to be able to understand and identify unhealthy patterns in ourselves and others. Patterns in abusive relationships and codependency go far beyond someone who suffers from an addiction. The focus of the workshop is to break down these patterns within the relationship including self-esteem, trust, boundaries, risk-taking, and conflict resolution. Over the course of a day, you will be introduced to how scientific research has changed our understanding of these patterns and the treatment models for codependency.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify the definition of dependency and codependency & diagnostic criteria of DPD and one common impact of symptoms
- Identify and define typical behavioral and emotional patterns in healthy relationships.
- Use objectifiable measurements in unhealthy dependent emotional needs and behaviors
- Identify interventions for addressing feelings and behaviors of unhealthy dependency