Mind-Body-Spirit: Evidence-Based Practices to Teach Your Client for Managing Anxiety
DATE: Saturday, April 22nd, 2023
TIME: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. EST // 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. CST
PLATFORM: Via Zoom Webinar
- Live & Interactive Webinar
- Presentation Slides PDF Included
- Provides for 3 Live CE hours of GSB/PSY/EBT
Many clients struggle with debilitating anxiety disorders. Medications can help but come with potential side effects. So what options are available before going the pharmaceutical route? Actually, there are a great number of them!
In this workshop, you will learn a wide range of holistic, evidence-based techniques for managing anxiety. These are practical strategies that will empower your clients to successfully regulate their nervous system. Together in this interactive, experiential training, we’ll explore tools such as mindfulness, deep breathing, bilateral stimulation, emotional acupressure, aromatherapy, self-hypnosis, guided imagery, and dietary considerations. By expanding your knowledge and skill set, you’ll be able to provide the most effective treatment possible to your clients, whether they are dealing with social anxiety, panic, or phobias.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Define the different types of anxiety disorders
- Determine how anxiety is physiologically triggered in the body
- Describe the role of the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems in promoting and reducing symptoms of anxiety
- Implement evidence-based interventions for managing and/or eliminating anxiety