Helping Your Clients Break Out of Codependence: Practical Therapy Techniques
DATE: Saturday, May 13th, 2023
TIME: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EST // 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. CST
PLATFORM: Via Zoom Webinar
- Live & Interactive Webinar
- Presentation Slides PDF Included
- 3 CE hours of General Skill Building (GSB) & Evidence-Based Treatment (EBT)
Relationships impact our lives in every aspect. Part of having healthy relationships is to be able to understand and identify unhealthy patterns in ourselves and others. Patterns in abusive relationships and codependency goes far beyond someone who suffers from an addiction. The focus of the workshop is to break down these patterns within the relationship including self-esteem, trust, boundaries, risk-taking, and conflict resolution. Over the 3 hours, you will be introduced to how scientific research has changed our understanding of these patterns and the treatment models for codependency.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Be able to define how to examine relationship roles to identify and define unhealthy codependent patterns.
- Apply objective measurements to quantify and understand the impact of unhealthy dependent emotional needs and behaviors.
- Identify and define typical behavioral and emotional patterns in healthy relationships.
- Learn and apply at least one clinical intervention for addressing feelings and behaviors typical in relationship codependency.