Ethical Considerations of Dual Relationships
DATE: Saturday, October 14th, 2023
TIME: 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST // 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. CST // 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. PT // 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. MT
PLATFORM: Via Zoom Webinar
- Live & Interactive Webinar
- Presentation Slides PDF Included
- Provides for GSB/Ethics training
The client and therapist relationship – how do clinicians navigate the possibility of a dual relationship? What ethical principles and standards should be considered? These are both important questions that will be addressed in this workshop on the ethical considerations of dual relationships. Learners will increase their ethical framework for exercising appropriate professional boundaries with clients and their relationships. Categories of dual relationships will be presented, and the discussion will center on using critical thinking skills to identify best practices. Special consideration will be given to diversity in dual relationships, such as rural settings and racial and ethnic influences on dual relationships. Learners will have increased clinical judgment in identifying appropriate professional relationships with clients.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify qualities of dual relationships and at least three key considerations.
- Employ at least five strategies to have ethical boundaries and relationships with clients.
- Build confidence in assessing professional roles in ethical dilemmas involving dual relationships.