Better Choices, Bigger Changes: The Development of Solution-Focused Therapy for Substance Use
DATE: Saturday, April 29th, 2023
TIME: 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST // 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. CST //10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. PT
PLATFORM: Via Zoom Webinar
- Live & Interactive Webinar
- Presentation Slides PDF Included
- Provides for GSB, Substance-Specific, (EBT) training
According to the National Center for Drug Abuse Statistics, half of people 12 and older have used illicit drugs at least once. The federal budget for drug control in 2020 was $35 billion dollars. There have been over 700k drug overdose deaths since the year 2000. (https://drugabusestatistics.org/) Group Treatment and traditional work with substance use disorder have been challenged to develop a language and practice for younger clients. Developing a solution focus by integrating the 12 Steps of AA, the 12 Proactive Steps (Rational Recovery), with positive psychology helps millennials and younger clients find a language that better fits their culture. The practical worksheets included helping both the group facilitator and the client learn new belief systems and behaviors surrounding how to make better choices in life which will result in substance-free living.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Apply the tenants of the Proactive 12 Steps to SUD groups.
- Implement solution-focused principles for leading SUD groups.
- Identify at least 5 of the cognitive distortions involved in substance use disorder.
- Address the 5 markers that create substance use disorder.