Anger Management: The Keys to Self-Regulation
DATE: Friday, May 24th, 2024
TIME: 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET // 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. CT // 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. PT // 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. MT
PLATFORM: Via Zoom Webinar
- Live & Interactive Webinar
- Presentation Slides PDF & Additional Resources Included
- Provides for 3 CE hours of General Skill-Building/Evidence-Based treatment/Clinical
Misdirected anger can be an incredibly destructive force. Internalized anger that is unable to be expressed in a healthy way can become a toxic emotion. Unregulated anger has the power to ruin a person’s life, as well as wreak havoc on interpersonal relationships. In this training, we will explore the physiology of anger in order to learn how to best manage it. You will discover a variety of practical tools and strategies for managing anger that you can share with clients. You’ll be able to assist clients in addressing lingering anger from past hurts, as well as prepare them for what they can do the next time they get triggered. The training is aimed at clinicians who work with both youth and adults.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Review how anger is triggered physiologically in the body
- Discuss causes of anger (such as shame and guilt)
- Discuss the physiological effects of anger, both short and long-term.
- Practice various forms of anger management
- Assist their clients in recognizing and managing anger triggers