Alleviating Unconscious Bias Through the Development of Cultural Competence
DATE: Saturday, May 18, 2024
TIME: 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET // 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. CT // 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. PT // 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. MT
PLATFORM: Via Zoom Webinar
- Live & Interactive Webinar
- Presentation Slides PDF & Additional Resources Included
- Provides for 3 CE hours of General Skill-Building/Cultural Competence
To be most effective, we must recognize the importance of cultural diversity work in providing effective services to all families. This can be done with heightened awareness of barriers to providing culturally competent services which leads to awareness of personal cultural lenses. Come brainstorm strategies to overcome barriers to providing effective services to family members of diverse populations, identify ways programs can become more culturally competent, and develop a plan with specific steps to become more culturally competent. We will explore less apparent microaggressions so that we can increase our support and understanding of our clients.
Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Be more aware of and able to describe various biases.
- Help ourselves and others to mitigate biases.
- Encourage diversity and acceptance of others.
- Identify and alleviate microaggressions.