Clinical Supervision Part 1: Foundations of Competency-Based Clinical Supervision – What does it look like?
DATE: Saturday, March 4th, 2023
TIME: 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST // 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. CST
PLATFORM: Via Zoom Webinar
- Live & Interactive Webinar
- Presentation Slides PDF Included
- Provides for 3 CE hours of Clinical Supervision-Specific Training
In this first segment of the series, we will discuss what competent supervision is, analyze definitions of clinical supervision, and describe the benefits of competency-based supervision. We will explore the groundwork & rationale of effective supervision; examine the impact of cultural competence in terms of discrimination, microaggressions, and power differentials; and apply concept learning to case studies in breakout sessions.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Define what supervision is and how to become a competent supervisor.
- Implement survey feedback from supervisees regarding their concerns about ineffective supervision.
- Address stages from the Learning Cycle of performance, observation, reflection, feedback/evaluation, and planning.
- Apply the Learning Cycle to a new supervisee in a breakout session.
- Differentiate Myths vs. Facts of Supervisor’s perceptions.