Waves of Grace Part 2: Guiding Clients through Prolonged Grief Disorder
DATE: Sunday, April 23rd, 2023
TIME: 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST // 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. CST
PLATFORM: Via Zoom Webinar
- Live & Interactive Webinar
- Presentation Slides PDF Included
- Provides for GSB (EBT) training
We will all lose someone we love at some point in our life (most of us at many points) and the loss can often hit us harder than we expect. This loss can become complicated and prolonged, lasting for years. So, this session of Prolonged Grief Therapy will help guide clients through certain “milestones,” or markers in their emotional recovery process. The therapist becomes a facilitator to help clients get “unstuck.” In this webinar we will define these “milestones” to help clients move forward through their difficulties, dealing with reminders and memories of the person who has passed. Grief counseling will help clients learn to grieve in a healthy manner and understand and cope with the emotions they experience to ultimately find a way to move on.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Develop an increased understanding of grief.
- Develop 5 “milestone” markers for clients.
- Help Clients identify & correct irrational thinking processes.
- Help Clients decrease extreme grief symptoms.