Nicotine Cessation and Counseling Interventions with Adolescents and Teens
DATE: Thursday, October 5th, 2023
TIME: 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. EST // 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. CT // 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. PT // 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. MT
PLATFORM: Via Zoom Webinar
- Live & Interactive Webinar
- Presentation Slides PDF Included
- Provides for GSB/Nicotine Cessation/EBT training
There is an urgent need to address young adult nicotine use and vaping. However, there is limited cessation intervention research, particularly studies tested via experimental designs. Students may not be aware of the risks and dangers as they are being directly marketed. Clients who are motivated to stop may need guidance. Strategies need to be both practical and fit the individual.
Research to inform the development and optimization of effective vaping cessation interventions for YAs requires attention to both potential targets for behavioral intervention (e.g., conceptual framework) and how to best reach YAs (i.e., delivery modality)
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the risks and dangers of nicotine use with updated data.
- Discuss the various forms of nicotine use.
- Define various options (both positive and negative) to enhance cessation.
- Develop motivational factors to enhance the client’s interest in cessation.