Not My Child: Teaching Evidence-Based Strategies to Families with Addicted Youth
(based on the book written by Dr. Paul Hardy)
DATE: Friday, May 12th, 2023
TIME: 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. EST // 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. CST
PLATFORM: Via Zoom Webinar
- Live & Interactive Webinar
- Presentation Slides PDF Included
- Provides for Substance-Specific (EBT) training
Drug use went up among 8th graders between 2016 and 2020 – 61%. 62% of teenagers in 12th grade have abused alcohol. 50% of teenagers have misused a drug at least once.
Families are at a loss for what to do with their children. The root issues of youth substance abuse must be addressed in modern society. This webinar is the result of surveys done with recovering substance abusers over a one-year period. 100 grateful recovering addicts talked about what might deter substance abuse, risk factors, their personal struggles, and what has worked for them in relapse prevention. A raw and real approach to substance abuse and recovery.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify risk factors in vulnerable youth.
- Develop a theory of emotional drives behind substance abuse.
- Identify the characteristics of “the addicted family.”
- Trace the client’s symptoms to the root issues using the “Tree of Addiction.”