GET A GRIP: Mastering Emotions Using Evidence-Based Strategies for Managing Anger & Stress
(based on the book written by Dr. Paul Hardy)
DATE: Friday, June 9th, 2023
TIME: 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. EST // 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. CST
PLATFORM: Via Zoom Webinar
- Live & Interactive Webinar
- Presentation Slides PDF Included
- Provides for GSB (EBT) training
Some 84% of people surveyed said Americans are angrier today compared with a generation ago, according to the latest NPR-IBM Watson Health poll. (https://npr.org) In this webinar, we will explore ways to break down barriers and help clients open up about the causes of their anger, acknowledging the roots of their choices so they will no longer run from their feelings or refuse to share them with others.
It can be awkward and make a person feel vulnerable or even weak if they open up, especially to strangers who may not understand or accept their issues. They may have a fear of:
- Embarrassment: that sharing their story and situation might make them look bad.
- Criticism: that they might be stigmatized for choices they have made.
This webinar will provide creative ways to help clients get out of the stress and anger cycle.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Build a strategy to understand the sequence and process of anger.
- Integrate a new system to understand personal to stressful situations.
- Demonstrate the use of the anger wheel for stress management with clients.
- List a series of appropriate questions to ask to find the sources of anger and/or stress.
- Apply the “CALM” method to prepare clients to deal with anger in a new way.