Saturday, March 27th, 2021
1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Live & Interactive Webinar!
Presentation Slides PDF Included!
NCASPPB Approved for 3 Hours ETHICS
NBCC Approved Provider #7091
Target Audience: Psychologists, Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselors, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialists, Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselors, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists
Course Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Working ethically with sexual and gender minority clients requires cultural competence. It is also important to recognize that there are significant clinical differences between working with LGBTQ kids, teens, adults, and seniors. In this webinar, we are going to identify ethics that directly affect practice with the LGBTQ+ community, learn to determine when we are not adhering to best practices and ethics when working with this population, identify the scope of practice and when to refer out, learn about the difference between affirming practice and competency, and learn how to spot microaggressions before they impact our clients.
What participants will learn by attending this webinar:
1. Define ethics that directly affect practice with the LGBTQ+ community
2. Identify & give examples of adhering to best practices and ethics in working with LGBTQ+ Population
3. Recognize the scope of practice and demonstrate when to refer out
4. Distinguish & differentiate between affirming practice and competency
5. Discriminate microaggressions & Apply resolution before they impact our clients